I thought I'd share some random thoughts/feelings that are traveling through my dome this last week or so. I'll start with bodily fluids. Apparently some people are having issues w/ excreted bodily fluids/substances on the floor that houses my office. A few weeks ago someone vomitted in the water fountain and did not call/tell anyone to come clean it up. Now, mind you, addictions/recovery and ECT (basically shock therapy, but not like u think/see in the movies) are also housed on that floor, so either someone was coming off a bender and puking before receive drug/alcohol therapy or had a reaction coming out of ECT. Either way, sick. Last week I came out of our department and happened to look down to find a piece of shit on the floor, not too far from the aforementioned water fountain. Yes, this is correct, someone sharted on the floor or lost some doody from their pants. My boss posed a good question: isn't that what underwear is for? I suppose it's one purpose. However, this person must've been freeballin' it and shook the fecal matter down the pant leg onto the floor. As if this weren't bad enough, the water delivery guy ran over the shart w/ his huge cart filled w/ gallons of water. Excellent. No wonder I got sick, fecal matter making it's way through all the departments.
On to the next random thought. I was sitting in a coffee shop yesterday enjoying some hot tea and This American Life podcast. I was facing the windows and could see that the rain had started to turn to snow. The windows were steamy from all the hot drinks being served, it was a nice view. Then I hear someone say in utter disbelief, "Oh my god, is that snow?" I look up to see who is saying this, and it's someone I see fairly often and think it's safe to say they reside in the land of Cleve. This person is staring out the window as if it's the firt time they've ever seen snow. I thought to myself, hhmmmm, it's January 13th in Cleveland, of course it's snow, what's the big deal/suprise?
The final random thought, backpack awareness. There is a study that says one's bookbag should weigh no more than 10% of their total body weight to decrease strain/stress on the back and shoulders, therefore decreasing injury. Well, this one teenage boy who rides the rapid and gets off at W25th might just think twice about that after today. He got ready to disembark the train from the front door, then at the last minute decided to go for the middle door, not sure why. Well, he had a hell-huge bookbag strapped to his back that got snagged in the doors as they were closing. This kid is now lodged in the doors by his bookbag and cannot get out, let alone move. He starts yelling "wait, stop, don't go, wait" and one man inside the train is yelling "stop, open the door." Now, the train was not moving, so the kid was just stuck there and frantically yelling. I was standing next to a group of teens that burst into laughter and I tried hard to keep my composure until the kid was free. However, I heard some guys on the platform began laughing and yelling, "look at that kid, he's stuck in the doors." It was at this point where I just started laughing. The conductor opened the doors and the kid ran off like a wounded animal in shock, face bright red. I laughed all the way to work and I'm still laughing now. What a way to start a Monday, thanks kid.
That incident reminds me of a time when I was in middle school and Garrett Shoemaker got caught between the gym doors (Knotty Dee, I know you know the blue doors I speak of in the PMS). He was trying to make it through to the "boys" side of the gym and wasn't quite quick enough, therefore got stuck with half his body on each side. Mr. Moyer got pissed off and pulled him out. Good times. Until next time...
Peace out,
MJ
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey! Don't make fun of me for getting caught in the door...or for swinging our bags and knocking the coffee out of a teacher's hand.
True story.
From last week.
Klutzy Kate strikes again.
Post a Comment